Saturday, July 11, 2009

Money from EU to UK?

I moved to UK one year ago and I would like to send my savings (around 50k EUR) from my bank in Spain to my account in UK.



Should I ask my bank to do so? are there better ways to do it?



I鈥瞞 asking because I guess the bank will be naughty with the Fx rate.



Money from EU to UK?auto loan





Ask your bank what the Fx rate would be and also their charges for sending the money. Usually the larger the amount the better the rate.You may be able to open a Euro account at a UK bank, some of them do it now, and find out if your Spanish bank has a branch in UK, or maybe even owns a UK bank. I Believe Abbey National is owned by a Spanish bank



Money from EU to UK? loan



Go back to Spain, cash in the money in 500 euro note or something, then back to UK and change them to GBP at the bank which you want to bank in. Doing this will save transfer fee and exchange fee. Usually you can bargain the better exchange rate if the amount is huge.|||Can%26#039;t speak for Spain but in Germany you can send up to E50k via an uberweisung (transfer) over the counter and the rate is very good. If you have the SWIFT and IBAN of your UK bank account I would expect your Spanish bank to be able to do this if you send a letter of authority. I have German, French and UK accounts and the only problem I have is with the UK bank. I think mainland EU banks are very much more clued up on inter bank transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment