Saturday, July 11, 2009

Has anyone used sharebuilder as a savings account?

On Sharebuilder.com, any money that is in interim hold (not invested in a stock) is automatically placed in a money market account (BDMXX) which earns a pro-rated dividied yeild much higher than my savings account. I was thinking about transferring the balance of my savings account to this account until the money is needed. Those not familiar with Sharebuilder, it offers free electronic transfers.



CD%26#039;s at my bank are paying slightly higher rates than this money market account, but my money would be tied up for a minimum of 9 months. I am currently traveling a lot while persuing my MAI designation and might run into some situations where I need my money.



Has anyone tried this? Is this a good idea? Is Sharebuilder/BDMXX a safe place to leave money in interim hold?



Thank you,



Cody



Has anyone used sharebuilder as a savings account?credit repair





Sharebuilder is great... Your money is very safe sitting in the money market account. I%26#039;ve had an account with them for a while, and have had no problems whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment