Saturday, July 11, 2009

Recently I won a lawsuit for a dob bite on my 9 year old's daughter...?

She got bit by a dog needed 8 stitches, the owners didn%26#039;t have her on a leash and the dog already had a bad rep for biting other children. We settled and the funds go into a trust fund until she%26#039;s 18..here%26#039;s my question, how do we handle that with our taxes? Is it considered an asset? Do other banks see it as just a savings account or a trust fund? Which banks have the highest interest rate? I was thinking %26quot;my orange savings account%26#039;? Thank you in advance.



Recently I won a lawsuit for a dob bite on my 9 year old%26#039;s daughter...?rate my





I wouldn%26#039;t accept legal, medical or tax advice I got here. See an accountant. It sounds like there%26#039;s enough money involved to make it worthwhile paying a small fee.



Recently I won a lawsuit for a dob bite on my 9 year old%26#039;s daughter...? loan



Depends on the amount.



Read the Income Tax book you get when you file taxes. It will tell you how much interest a kid can earn before they have to pay taxes.



Also, don%26#039;t depend on Yahoo for answer%26#039;s. This is a real issue that you need to talk to a CPA or attorney about. Might sound like a waste of money, but we are talking about something that will effect your daughter.|||My niece had that happen ten yrs ago......can%26#039;t answer the tax question.....but you should put the money in a 529 type account....that way it grows tax-free if used for all college expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment